We’ve just started rolling out a few websites and blogs running Vultr. To make things easier, we also deployed SpinupWP. Here’s a note as we’re taking on this combination of the best of Vultr’s VPS (simple, fast, and scalable SSD cloud hosting provider) and SpinupWP, an app aimed at developers, that makes it so much easier to host WordPress sites yourself. It’s a simple control panel for Vultr.
What we’ve noticed and observed so far (so good):
- Connect your Vultr API with SpinupWP in just a second.
- Without much hassle for DIY configuration, we can launch a new site in a few minutes. This saves us a lot of time to launch sites fast. Install the latest stable versions of Nginx, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, and Redis from the standard apt-get repos with no pain (but gain).
- Performance: it’s very fast. It’s what we’re embracing these day for better site speed (see the screen shot above as tested on Gtmetrix). Set up with Redis object caching for improved database requests.
- SpinupWP has all the key features most WordPress developers need. For instance, having Let’s Encrypt certificate and Nginx installed is a just a few clicks (without typing any command).
- Automatic Security Updates: You’re going to get free Let’s Encrypt HTTPS (automatic renewal) with ease. Another example is that the app disables some critical PHP functions by default.
- SpinupWP works with Vultr, DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, and any other provider
Previously, we looked into using EasyEngine to install WordPress Nginx Setup & Management. However, we ended up setting up Nginx with HTTP/2 Support using this mini guide. As it’s trying to live up to its tagline, SpinupWP is “your own flawless WordPress server, spun up in minutes.”
SpinupWP is a Modern Cloud-Based Server Control Panel. It’s here to help you implement best practices for every server you spin up. Designed for WordPress. SpinupWP is a company of Delicious Brains Inc., a small company of expert WordPress developers, the brains behind the popular WP Migrate DB Pro and WP Offload Media plugins, WordPress core contributors.
There are something that should have been ever better. The documentation section is not much to offer yet. For example, when you want to see how the service works well with any VPS provider or not, it’s not easy to get more details.
There are similar services in this category that you may have heard of like ServerPilot, Laravel Forge, Cloudways, and RunCloud.
Vultr’s smallest plan starts at $2.5 per month (512MB memory), which is probably the cheapest plan for a VPS. To use Vultr with SpinupWP, you need at least 1GB. Use our referral link to get $50 to start testing your VPS host with SpinupWP.
Also good to read: WordPress SEO resources